Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Anyone can join!
This week’s TTT is all about those underrated authors that need to be showcased. Truthfully, this is a rather difficult topic for me to come up with anything for, as I just automatically assume everyone loves these authors the same as me. Alas, I suppose there are authors that just do not receive the hype, talk, and recognition they deserve, despite what I think. So, let’s see…
1. Victoria Schwab – If you haven’t read The Archived, do so!
2. Sara Shepard – You know that awesome show that comes on ABC Family called Pretty Little Liars? Yeah, she’s the author of the books (which are far more demented than the show!)
3. Ellen Hopkins – Seriously, I rarely hear anything about her books and they are fantastic! …as well as buzz killers.
4. Jennifer Brown – You’d think the author of Hate List would receive a lot more attention than she does.
5. Suzanne Young – Why are there not more people talking about The Program? Get on that, people!
6. Ruta Sepetys – Her book Shades of Grey does receive a lot of attention, but her other book Out of the Easy doesn’t seem to…I guess I’m promoting the book in this case.
7. Huntley Fitzpatrick – Romance YA books are this woman’s specialty…if you enjoy Sarah Dessen, you’ll love her!
8. Laini Taylor – I know she receives attention, but not nearly enough.
9. Patrick Ness – Again, people love his books, but they (and he) don’t receive enough attention, I think.
10. Kresley Cole – Why have more people not falling in love with her YA series, The Arcana Chronicles? They are AWESOME!
What do y’all think of my list? Are there authors that you think I listed that already receive enough hype? Are there are authors you agree with? What other authors have I missed? I’m curious!